- This event has passed.
NEW Webinar: “Impact of Bankruptcy on Mechanic’s Liens and UCC Filings” with insights from special guest, Bankruptcy Trustee Gary Weiner
December 14, 2017 @ 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm
If a property owner, general contractor or subcontractor on a construction project files bankruptcy, what is the impact to your mechanic’s lien? Or, if you’ve secured your inventory, equipment and/or receivables under the Uniform Commercial Code and your customer files bankruptcy, what is the impact to your UCC filing? In this webinar, Bankruptcy Trustee Gary Weiner will cover the effects of bankruptcy and provide insights, so that you will be in the best position to get paid.
You will learn:
- When you can file a mechanic’s lien if an entity within the contractual chain files for bankruptcy
- When you can enforce your mechanic’s lien versus a civil action
- Whether you can renew a UCC-1 when the debtor files bankruptcy
- How the automatic stay affects your ability to protect your interests
- When to move for relief from stay
- What the potential damages are for violation of the automatic stay or discharge injunction
About the speaker:
Gary M. Weiner, is the sole shareholder of Weiner Law Firm, P.C. of Springfield, Massachusetts. Attorney Weiner concentrates his practice in the areas of bankruptcy, commercial litigation, workouts and collections. He is a Past President of the Commercial Law League of America where he presently serves as Chair of the Bankruptcy Section. Mr. Weiner has been a Chapter 7 panel Trustee for the District of Massachusetts since 1997. Attorney Weiner has represented unsecured creditors, secured creditors, debtors and trustees in both state court litigation and in bankruptcy court throughout the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
- December 14, 2017
1:00 pm - 2:00 pm
- Event Categories:
- Webinar, UCC Webinar, Notice & Mechanic's Lien Webinar